ANATOMY TRAINS STRUCTURAL ESSENTIALS – ‘ARCHES & LEGS’
New dates for 2022
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL PRICE UNTIL 16/09/2022
Teacher: Michael Watson (click (read Michael’s bio)
Date: Friday 14th – Sunday 16th October 2022
Cost Early Bird: £585 until 16/09/2022, thereafter £635
If you are booking prior to 16/9/2021 – then please select Early Bird Full Fee.
Venue: To be confirmed
City: Birmingham, West Midlands UK
Contact: Pauline Miller – email@example.com
The Structural Essential (SE) series is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses divided into functional regions. Combining movement and manual techniques for the most efficient and long-lasting results, and using the latest research on the interaction between skeleton, muscles, joints, and fascial proprioceptors, this series of workshops will take you to a new level in therapy.
About the Workshop
Designed with the busy manual therapist in mind, each Structural Essentials event gives you a new understanding of the relevant area. The content will outline how the structural and functional anatomy relates to many common issues as well as to the rest of the body. Based on many new and established approaches this series will give you the skills in palpation, BodyReading and functional analysis needed for the modern multidisciplinary therapist.
Arches and the Legs – Underpinning all of our structure is the foot’s interaction with the ground, imbalances here clearly have consequences further up the body. Effective arch balance can be essential for easy and graceful walking, pelvic stability, low back efficiency and even head and neck support. The feet and legs are literally the foundation for the rest of our structure and this workshop will analyze the bones of the feet and how they conspire to help or hinder the arches. We will look at the forces coming from the leg muscles and create strategies to help maintain better mechanics by dealing with myofascial restrictions and imbalances.
The Knee and Thigh – A complicated hinge in the middle of two long levers is perhaps not the best of designs – but this “elbow designed by committee” is an excellent work of engineering. The knee joint mediates forces coming down from the hip and up from the foot and still allows a wide range of movement in all but the frontal plane.
- How to differentiate your analysis of the foot and legs from the rest of the mechanical chain, giving an accurate reading of their skeletal relationships
- How to assess and then provide good foot and leg support through the three (or four) arches of the foot
- How the arches act in walking and standing and their relationship to the pelvis and the AT lines
- How to balance the support the arches receive from the long muscles of the calf
- Effective strategies to unwind rotational compensations in the foot, the tibia-fibula complex and the knee.
- Learn how the structures of the knee and thigh co-operate to achieve this and learn to recognize some of the structural dysfunctions that can occur.
- BodyRead the various imbalances which can occur
- Learn to balance the common rotational movements of the knee
Note: It is strongly recommended to take the Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function course before taking the SE courses. Familiarity with the Anatomy Trains lines and concepts is key to getting the most from the program.
The Structural Essentials workshops are most easily absorbed in the order outlined below but you can do them in any order as time permits.
- Arches and Legs – 3 days
- Fans of the Hip – 2 ½ days
- Abdomen, Chest and Breath – 2 ½ days
- Tensegrity Spine – 2 days
- Shoulders & Arms – 2 days
Early Bird Full Fee, Early Bird Deposit, Early Bird Balance, Standard Full Fee